Thursday, September 30, 2010

References

"About Steve Irwin." Australia Zoo - Home of the Crocodile Hunter - “Conservation through Exciting Education”. The Australia Zoo. Web. 30 Sept. 2010. <http://www.crocodilehunter.com/crocodile_hunter/about_steve_terri/index.html>.
"Animal Planet :: The Crocodile Hunter." Animal Planet : Pets, Wild Animals, Dog Breeds, Cat Breeds. Discovery Communications, LLC. Web. 30 Sept. 2010. <http://animal.discovery.com/fansites/crochunter/crochunter.html>.
"Australia Zoo - Conservation - Projects." Australia Zoo - Home of the Crocodile Hunter - “Conservation through Exciting Education”. The Australia Zoo. Web. 30 Sept. 2010. <http://www.crocodilehunter.com/conservation/projects/>.
"Crocodile Hunter Steve Irwin Dies - World News - Msnbc.com." Breaking News, Weather, Business, Health, Entertainment, Sports, Politics, Travel, Science, Technology, Local, US & World News- Msnbc.com. Associated Press, 5 Sept. 2006. Web. 30 Sept. 2010. <http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14663786/>.
Powell, Rich. "Steve Irwin Memorial." Steve Irwin Memorial - Online Steve Irwin the Crocodile Hunter Tribute. Web. 30 Sept. 2010. <http://www.ripsteve.com/>.


2 comments:

  1. Connie, I liked how you decided to pick a person to focus on rather than an organization, certain project or an animal because it really shows that people can make a POSITIVE difference in our environment.

    Steve Irwin is a story that everyone knows but I did not know the specifics. How he was such a wildlife activist and that he founded a charity, Wildlife Warriors Worldwide. he was clearly passionate about standing up for the animals and especially the animals that no one liked very much... or were too scared to like! I love how he tried to make everyone see the good in all animals. He made learning about animals fun and exciting... just like your blog.

    Your blog is very informative but in a fun and interactive format which I appreciate because it makes doing this bio unit much easier! "I consider myself a wild-life warrior. My mission is to save the world's endangered species." This was a great quote to end off our blog with. Now as I approach November 15th it will be with a different mind set, I will have this passionate and courageous wildlife protector on the mind!

    The only thing I would suggest is maybe next time being a big more specific with your examples. Like maybe giving examples on specific projects or animals that he helped.

    I really enjoyed reading that funny and educational blog.

    Connie, you are cool.

    Natasha Richichi-Fried
    Ms. Collymore
    Section: 04
    TA: Mr. Notten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Connie, I really enojoyed your blog " It's Alive" about Steve the Crocadile Hunter. As Natasha said above, it was really cool how you decided to focus on a person rather than a particular species because it made youe blog stand out. After reading your blog, I discovered new information about Steve Irwin and how his show actually brought insight into the biodivirsity of ecosystems and how it's important to take care and take notice of endangered species. Something that also stands out to me about Steve Irwin is that instead of focusing his energy on introducing and educating people about cozy lovable animals like pandas, or jungle cats he chooses to inform people about animals like snakes and crocadiles, who some people may find terrifying or creepy but they still need to be protected . Before reading your blog I wasn't aware of how Steve died, but after reading, it makes me sad to think of how sudden and unfair his death was. However, I do think Steve made a big positive difference in his life by drawing attention to the importance of protecting all living creatures. Overall I really liked your blog, especially because it seemed so unique from the others I had skimmed though. One thing I might suggest, is adding a couple more visuals.
    Great blog Connie!
    - Melissa

    ReplyDelete